Management of Sustainability
To further embed sustainability within the organisation, Mirvac has extended the mandate of the Board Health Safety Environment Committee to include sustainability, effective 1 July 2009.
The accountabilities and responsibilities of the Committee include:
- compliance with the Group’s standards and practices, and legal compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation;
- the performance of the Group relative to industry benchmark standards and compliance with the Group’s Health Safety Environment Policy and the Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Policy;
- lost time to injury and other statistical measures, rehabilitation status, incident reporting, energy use and intensity, audit outcomes and other performance indicators across the Group;
- performance against set objectives and targets;
- the HSE&S Management System and its currency to activities undertaken by the Group;
- initiatives recommended by the HSE Managers Committee and the Sustainability Managers Committee;
- the effectiveness of corrective action to eliminate or minimise HSE&S risk;
- the development and integration of industry leading HSE&S initiatives to minimise risk to employees, service providers (contractors and suppliers) and their employees, visitors, customers and the environment arising from the Group’s activities;
- the development and integration of appropriate initiatives to maintain the Group’s position as a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability;
- management’s response to relevant emerging sustainability related strategic issues, including applicable legal and regulatory requirements, emerging issues, trends and technologies; and
- review and recommend for adoption the Group’s annual Sustainability Report and other reports prepared for regulatory bodies, such as the reporting of energy efficiency opportunities.