Hatch by Mirvac
Hatch by Mirvac is our award-winning innovation program. It has been at the heart of Mirvac’s customer-centric approach since 2014. Hatch by Mirvac provides a strategic approach to innovation and ensures it is supported by a robust innovation process, funding, resources, and innovation strategy. With these structures and support in place, Mirvac has created a strong innovation culture and capability.
- AFR Boss Most Innovative Companies 2019 and 2020 - #1 in the Property, Transport and Construction
- PCA Innovation and Excellence Awards 2020 - Best Project Innovation
- Fast Companies Best Workplaces for Innovators 2020 - Ranked #49 Globally
- Fast Companies Most Innovative Companies 2020 - Ranked #7 Globally in Property and Real Estate
- Hatch by Mirvac is supported by a rigorous innovation process to ensure a disciplined approach to thinking
- We do not jump straight into ‘solution mode’ without understanding the problem to be solved, considering a range of alternative solutions, and testing ideas leanly and cheaply
- We have cultivated a culture where innovation is something everyone can engage with
- We continue to work on creating a “safe to fail” environment – after all, to achieve great things we need to take risks
- We are also building a culture that celebrates diversity of thinking and encourages diverse view points and perspectives
The Hatch Innovation Capability Accelerator (HICA):
- HICA is a school of innovation that supercharges innovation skills at Mirvac
- HICA is different to other innovation programs as participants apply their training directly onto their own projects in a very practical way to deliver tangible outcomes
- Participants undergo an intensive training program in customer-centric innovation
- HICA alumni then apply their training to their day jobs to further embed innovation capability at Mirvac
- They also drive behaviours and foster cultural change at the front line
- To date, Hatch by Mirvac has trained over 25% of the workforce
Mirvac acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Owners of the lands and waters of Australia, and we offer our respect to their Elders past and present.
Artwork: ‘Reimagining Country’, created by Riki Salam (Mualgal, Kaurareg, Kuku Yalanji) of We are 27 Creative.