Frequently Asked Questions

Mirvac presents these questions and answers to securityholders as general information about their investment only. Mirvac does not give investment advice.


What Is A Stapled Security?

A stapled security usually comprises one share in a Limited Company and one unit in a Trust. The share and the unit are joined (stapled) together to form one security and trade as one. Stapled securities cannot be sold or traded separately. A Mirvac security is made up of one Mirvac Limited share and one Mirvac Property Trust unit.

Can Mirvac Sell My Securities For Me?

No. Mirvac is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (“ASX”). Mirvac securities can only be bought and sold through a stockbroker.

When Are Distributions Paid?

Distributions are paid in six monthly cycles, June and December and will be paid after the announcement to the market of full and half year results. This will mean distribution payments for the year ending 30 June will be paid in August and payments for the half year ending 31 December will be paid in February.

How Can I Have My Distributions Paid?

Effective for the distribution payment for the six months ending 30 June 2014, cash distribution payments will only be made by direct credit to securityholders with registered addresses in Australia.

If you currently receive all or some of your distribution payments by cheque, and your registered address is in Australia, you will need to provide a nominated bank account to the Group’s security registrar, Link Market Services. Banking instructions for your investment with Mirvac will need to be recorded before 30 June 2014 or the Group will not be able to distribute your future distribution payments.

If you currently receive all or some of your distribution payments directly into your bank account, then no action is required, unless you wish to change your nominated account, which can be done by contacting the Group’s security registrar, Link Market Services.

Securityholders with the registered outside of Australia will continue to receive their income distributions by cheque.

From time to time Mirvac offers the opportunity for its securityholders to reinvest their distribution income into more Mirvac securities via a Distribution Reinvestment Plan (“DRP” or “Plan”). Mirvac’s DRP provides eligible holders of Mirvac securities with a convenient method to reinvest some or all of their dividends and income distributions in additional Mirvac securities without incurring brokerage or other transaction costs.

For more information about the providing bank details or the Group’s DRP, please contact the security registrar, Link Market Services, on 1800 356 444.

How Can I Obtain A Copy Of The Financial Reports?

In accordance with the Corporations Legislation Amendment (Simpler Regulatory System) Bill 2007, Mirvac Limited and Mirvac Funds Limited as responsible entity for Mirvac Property Trust have made Financial Reports available online. A hard copy of these reports is still available however, will only be sent to Mirvac securityholders who elect to receive a hard copy. Financial reports can be accessed via Financial Reports.

How Do I Change My Investment Details, Eg Name, Address, Method Of Payment, TFN, ABN Or Exemption?

If you are an Issuer Sponsored Holder, you can follow these three easy steps to update your investment details:

1. Go to the Securityholder Login section:

2. Log in by using your holding details which are provided on your holding statement or distribution advice you have received from Mirvac. You will need your:
- holder identifier (this is an 11 digit number commencing with an I); and
- your surname; and
- your post code (keeping in mind if you have recently changed address, then you will need to enter your old post code)

These three items must be identical to the details you have registered for your Mirvac securities.

3. Once you have validated the details above, you will be able to view the number of Mirvac securities that you hold by selecting “Holding Summary” on the right hand menu and you will be able to update any details that may have changed.

If you have trouble logging in to the Link website or accessing your Mirvac securityholding, please contact the Mirvac information line on 1800 356 444 any time between 8.30am and 5.30pm (Sydney time), Monday to Friday.

For security reasons, the online option is not available to broker-sponsored securityholders and these securityholders will need to advise their sponsoring participant of any changes to their investment details.

How do I contact the Registry?

The contact details for Mirvac’s Registrar, Link Market Services Limited, are:

Link Market Services Limited
Locked Bag A14
Sydney South NSW 1235

Facsimile: +61 2 9287 0303
Securityholder enquiries: +61 1800 356 444
Investor centre:

How do I find out the price of my Mirvac securities?

Each day, most major Australian newspapers carry the previous day’s closing price for Mirvac securities. It can also be found on Mirvac’s website at or on the ASX website at

When Will I Receive My Annual Taxation Statement?

In August each year, an annual tax statement for the year ended 30 June is mailed to all securityholders who have held an investment in Mirvac during that tax year. The annual tax statement summarises the distribution and dividends paid during the year and includes information required to complete your annual tax return.

Is My Annual Taxation Statement Available Online?

Yes, you can access your statement online. Visit Securityholder login to view and print your statement.

What Are Apportionment Percentages?

Mirvac stapled securities comprise one share in Mirvac Limited and one unit in Mirvac Property Trust, each security has a separate value. By referring to the table located under the Apportionment Ratios and your purchase order when you acquired the stapled securities, you can track the original cost base of each security.

What Is The ASX Code For Mirvac Group?


Where Can I Find Historical Information?

Historical information can be found under History.

Who Do I Contact About My Investment In Mirvac?

You can contact Link Market Services if you have any enquiries regarding your holding. If you have a CHESS Sponsored holding, all enquiries regarding the sale of Mirvac securities or change of address should be directed to your sponsoring broker or investment adviser.